.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Flora Marie Gabrielle Cusumano Writer

The web site contains the thoughts, essays, poetry, and literature created by Flora Cusumano, Flora Marie Cusumano and of the pen name Gabrielle Cusumano, or Gabrielle Flora Marie Cusumano. Also included are journalistic references to news items with commentary and opinion pieces by Flora Marie Gabrielle Cusumano and under the pen name of Gabrielle Flora Marie Cusumano

Monday, August 21, 2006

Reflections on Mankind

Further reflection on January 1, 2005 entry

N,

I had posted this commentary on my blog but don't think I sent it to you. It is too lengthy for me to write out again, so I sending it here. It is rare of me to write thoughts such as these which have an underlining concept (sins of the father perpetuating continued hate and war throughout the world) and not just the wondering outloud about whether man has or can access his "higher state of being" and solve world problems.

I've long felt that money (lots of it) usually makes friends of enemies, I just hadn't recognized the seriousness of us whoring our values and integrity to obtain it. I'm not talking about making peace with the enemy, but letting thousands of guys (in the case of Vietnam) and elsewhere, men, women and children, losing life and limb for "wars and causes" that the powers that be never really believed in in the first place, but gave themselves a "trial" at success, throwing bodies and equipment towards the masses who "were" in life the opposite ideology.

There it is again that base element in man.